Top 10 Upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014
The lineup of upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014 is awesome. Each has its own special pluses, and all have similar functions. Phones are starting to appear more and more like a tablet. Most have apps to do almost anything a tablet can do. Plus, of course, they can make a call. No longer, though, is calling and texting all that is expected of a Smartphone. Consumers now demand much more advanced features.
Though each person’s list of the top ten varies somewhat, there are some that appear on all lists. This doesn’t necessarily mean they are the best, or the only ones to choose. But, they must have something going for them to make all the lists. Lists detailing what to expect in 2014 can make the android lovers mouth water over all the features to anticipate. Lists from consumers as well as lists by reviewers of technology include the following ten Smartphones over and over.
See also: Top Ten Android Smart Phones of 2014 and Top 10 upcoming Android Tablets in 2014
Top 10 Upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014
Let’s bite the bullet and start the countdown of Top Ten Upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014.
10. LG G Flex 2
Starting of 2014 will be covered mostly with the smartphone from LG. One of the big featured smartphone is LG G Flex 2 which will have the curved display up to 90 degrees. So you can imagine if it will be easy to move thumbs around the display or not.
We don’t have any of the information about specs or release date.
9. LG G Pro 2
Along with the LG G3, it is rumored that LG is also going to launch a new model i.e. LG G Pro 2. Details for this one are skimpy, but rumors indicate the following features:
- A 5.9-inch 1080 x 1920 resolution display
- LTE connectivity
- A fingerprint scanner
8. HTC M8
The HTC One+ or Two or M8, all are same, doesn’t matter, is considered by many to be the absolute top of the line of Smartphones. Its price will be higher than others, in part due to extra innovative features that makes its experience above the standard. HTC M8 made to our Top 10 list for its revolutionary uni-body metal design, and Ultrapixel camera and HTC sense. It’s in 8th position of our Upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014 list because Hardware department of HTC phone is a bit weaker than others. Some of its innovative features include:
- A live home screen for streaming your favorite content
- ‘At least’ a 5-inch screen with the same 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution
- Sense 6.0
- Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery (2300 mAh) for up to 18 hours talk time and 500 hours standby time
7. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite/Neo
Galaxy Note 3 Lite is successor and scaled down version of hardware beast Samsung galaxy S3. Again, specific features make this one near the top of all top 10 lists. Among these features are:
- Innovative S pen for jotting notes, texts, and emails that convert into text accessible by just hovering over the screen
- Action Memo turns handwriting into clickable links
- S Voice Wake Up wakes up your Galaxy Note 3 and S Voice then makes it operable with your voice only
- S Finder allows use of the S pen to search the whole phone
- 8-megapixel camera
- 2GB mobile RAM
- 16GB internal storage with MicroSD
- A 3,100 mAh battery
- LTE connectivity
6. Nokia Normandy/X
Nokia will be there at Mobile World Congress 2014 event, Barcelona to launch their series of smartphones. It is rumored that this giant will be launching around 6 smartphones along with the Normandy or X that will be having Android OS. Since nothing is confirmed by the firm till now. Android users are exited about Nokia Normandy because it’s Nokia’s maiden try to build an Android smartphone, that’s why it’s in 6th position in our list of Top 10 Upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014 Some of the attractive features are:
- A 4” 854 x 540 pixel resolution display
- A pixel density of 253ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU
- Dual-SIM capabilities
- 512MB of RAM with 4GB of storage
- 3 or 5 megapixel snapper
5. HTC Butterfly 2
Again, HTC will have the new model for their Butterfly series and that’s very famous than M8, Butterfly 2. It’s expected to be launched in February, 2014. Features that make Butterfly 2 one the most awaited smartphones are
- 5.2″ Full HD panel
- IP67 Technology and NFC Capability with 4G LTE Support
- Should be available in white, black and blue versions
- Snapdragon 800
- The whole device will be waterproof
- A UltraPixel camera and Boomsound frontal speakers
4. LG G3
Till now, Only Apple and HTC has tried Fingerprint scanning feature and now LG might be the next to try it with their new G3 smartphone according to a secret report from Korea.
- The Most Amazing Fingerprint Scanner Feature
- A QHD display (1440 x 2560 resolution)
- 5.2 inches Display
- Rear camera is rumored to be 16 MP, probably with OIS tech
- The processor is rumored to be LG’s own Odin mobile chipset.
3. Sony xperia Z2
This one is set apart by its excellent picture quality. It has the following that sets it apart:
- 5.2 inch display with Ultra thin body
- 23 MP rear camera and 2.5 MP Front camera
- Takes pictures underwater
Among models already available on the market for 2014, the following are among the top ones rated by consumers and consumer services. Again, each has features that set it apart from other models. Sony Xperia Z2 made to the top 3 of Top 10 Upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014 because of its revolutionary waterproof design, seamless body, and camera (along with software features)
2. Google Nexus 6
This one is rumored to maybe be released during the second quarter of 2014. Though even with its excellent features, it may not be the top of the line. However, with its price point, it becomes the favorite of many Smartphone users. Also, Google is said to listen to consumers and attempt to deliver what they demand. Google Nexus 6 is one of the most anticipated Upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014, because of its aggressive pricing, Up-to-date software and beast hardware. Some speculated features of Nexus 6 are:
- Curved display (not so sure)
- True octa-core, 2.4Ghz+ processor
- 5-inch display
- 64GB and 128GB Memory
1. Samsung Galaxy S5
Galaxy S5 is still to be released in 2014. Rumors have it being released as early as April or May, but many feel it is most likely to release in April. It is several generations down the line of Samsung Galaxy Smartphones. Its features set it apart from many others.Galaxy S5 is in top of our Top 10 Upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014 countdown because of enormous success of its predictors Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4.
Some of these features include:
- Full Eye Sense Control
- Super Sharp display with a 2560 x 1440 2K resolution
- Class leading 560ppi display
- Screen size of 5.2 inch display rumored
- Possibly a 3GB RAM
- Metal body over the plastic layer
If you are planning to buy a new smartphone, hold on and wait for a few days as many of above Top Ten upcoming android smartphones will launch soon. Which of the above phone is your favorite let us know in the comment section. Share this countdown of Top 10 Upcoming Android Smartphones in 2014 with your friends and family to let them know about this Top ten list.
Great Article Your Article is Very Informative it can Also Help me to Purchase Android Smartphone in Future
Thanks for the Great Great Article.
nice post… giving all the necessary information of the smartphones